experchange > multimedia.windows.mediaplayer

Jean (04-01-10, 04:21 PM)
Hi all,

The informations returned by fai.music.metaservices.microsoft.com are
sometimes (often?) wrong/incomplete. Who is in charge of this service and is
there someone to be joined to fix the database?
Hot-text (04-14-10, 09:56 PM)
Why do you need to fix the database?
On my Computer I have the meta services off!
For it just a info meta services for Media-Player not a IE.

The database is from

"Jean" <pas2spam> wrote in message
news:a260
[..]
Tim De Baets (04-24-10, 08:54 PM)
The music database used by WMP is AMG (All Music Guide). Corrections can
be submitted on their website,

Regards
Hot-text (04-28-10, 07:37 AM)
Thank you Tim for the INFO I need to know that too!

"Tim De Baets" <tdebaets> wrote in message
news:5848
[..]
cjohnson77777 (09-26-14, 03:47 AM)
On Thursday, April 1, 2010 10:21:53 AM UTC-4, Jean wrote:
> Hi all,
> The informations returned by fai.music.metaservices.microsoft.com are
> sometimes (often?) wrong/incomplete. Who is in charge of this service andis
> there someone to be joined to fix the database?
> --
> Jean


Now its gotten worse. Many have reported that the Windows Media Player meta info service is down (receiving 500 "internal server error") codes when searching for known good album information ALREADY in the database. Please someone at Microsoft could the server be repaired? So far all responses I've seen are by Microsoft support engineers who seem to have the idea that this is some sort of browser problem.

It is NOT a browser problem.

It IS a Windows Media Player problem.
michael.hoxie1 (09-28-14, 04:39 AM)
On Thursday, September 25, 2014 8:47:46 PM UTC-5, cjohns...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, April 1, 2010 10:21:53 AM UTC-4, Jean wrote:
> Now its gotten worse. Many have reported that the Windows Media Player meta info service is down (receiving 500 "internal server error") codes whensearching for known good album information ALREADY in the database. Please someone at Microsoft could the server be repaired? So far all responses I've seen are by Microsoft support engineers who seem to have the idea thatthis is some sort of browser problem.
> It is NOT a browser problem.
> It IS a Windows Media Player problem.


believe it or not it could be a browser issue. wmp uses ie as it's default browser. if there were an update to the browser that causes issues connecting to the tagging website fai.music.blahblahblah, then that would mean thatyou would be getting the same 500 issue that i am. what sucks is that wmp won't let you choose a different default browser, nor will it let you choose a different tagging database. and that database is a joke to be honest.
Similar Threads