experchange > windows.* > windows.live.mail.desktop

Sardini (09-09-10, 02:59 AM)
Very annoying.. checked Word and it is turned off there.. thanks in advance
for your help.
Victek (09-09-10, 03:18 AM)
"Sardini" wrote in message
news:039d

Very annoying.. checked Word and it is turned off there.. thanks in advance
for your help.

*******************

Insert key?
R. C. White (09-09-10, 06:10 AM)
Hi, Sardini.

Usually it is a simple keystroke toggle, not a setting in a program. Most
keyboards have an "Insert" key, often located near the "Delete" key.

Does your keyboard have an "Insert" key? What happens if you press that
ONCE?

RC
cwinkelman (09-19-13, 01:08 AM)
On Wednesday, September 8, 2010 8:18:20 PM UTC-5, Victek wrote:
> "Sardini" wrote in message
> news:039d
> Very annoying.. checked Word and it is turned off there.. thanks in advance
> for your help.
> *******************
> Insert key?


Oh, THANK YOU! Could not find the "Insert Key" Thought it was the "^" symbol!IT WORKED!!!
...winston (09-19-13, 08:56 AM)
Wow...glad to hear it worked (even though you replied to a 3 yr old post)

I hope it didn't take 3 yrs to find the Insert key. <g>
jeanefields (08-25-14, 09:01 PM)
Any idea what to try if the "Insert Key" doesn't work?

On Wednesday, September 8, 2010 9:10:56 PM UTC-7, R. C. White wrote:
[..]
. . .winston (08-26-14, 05:03 AM)
jeanefields wrote:
> Any idea what to try if the "Insert Key" doesn't work?


If a key on the keyboard doesn't work, it would seem a new keyboard
would be the usual next step. No ?
h.n.beach (12-04-14, 11:22 PM)
On Wednesday, September 8, 2010 8:59:03 PM UTC-4, Sardini wrote:
> Very annoying.. checked Word and it is turned off there.. thanks in advance
> for your help.


Had the same problem once before and forgot how to stop it, click off the insert key on the keyboard, that took care of it. No more over writing in gmail.
...winston‫ (12-04-14, 11:59 PM)
h.n.beach wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 8, 2010 8:59:03 PM UTC-4, Sardini wrote:
>> Very annoying.. checked Word and it is turned off there.. thanks in advance
>> for your help.

> Had the same problem once before and forgot how to stop it, click off the insert key on the keyboard, that took care of it. No more over writing in gmail.


The op clearly stated - "Any idea what to try if the "Insert Key"
doesn't work?"
umbrial333 (01-14-15, 08:30 AM)
I have the same issue. My insert key works because normally I can toggle insert mode with it. I'm hitting some hot-key combo or something because the block-cursor covers the letter and typing anything replaces letters. Th only way I can get this to reset is to close my browser and reopen it. It onlyseems to happen with Google-Chrome.
mpcrilley (01-20-15, 12:24 AM)
I'm having the same issue with Chrome. All my other apps work and play nicely toggling modes with the Insert key, but Chrome is getting stuck in overstrike mode no matter what I do... it is VERY annoying.

On Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 1:30:37 AM UTC-5, umbri...@gmail.com wrote:
markmyers1 (02-10-15, 06:26 AM)
On Tuesday, 20 January 2015 08:54:04 UTC+10:30, mpcr...@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm having the same issue with Chrome. All my other apps work and play nicely toggling modes with the Insert key, but Chrome is getting stuck in overstrike mode no matter what I do... it is VERY annoying.
> On Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 1:30:37 AM UTC-5, umbri...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I have the same issue. My insert key works because normally I can toggle insert mode with it. I'm hitting some hot-key combo or something because the block-cursor covers the letter and typing anything replaces letters. Thonly way I can get this to reset is to close my browser and reopen it. It only seems to happen with Google-Chrome.


Im having the same problem with chrome, and it affects every application that is running in chroma aswell, have to reboot chrome to stop it. insert key does not work.
...winston‫ (02-10-15, 08:17 AM)
markmyers1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, 20 January 2015 08:54:04 UTC+10:30, mpcr...@gmail.com wrote:
>> I'm having the same issue with Chrome. All my other apps work and play nicely toggling modes with the Insert key, but Chrome is getting stuck in overstrike mode no matter what I do... it is VERY annoying.
>> On Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 1:30:37 AM UTC-5, umbri...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> I have the same issue. My insert key works because normally I can toggle insert mode with it. I'm hitting some hot-key combo or something because the block-cursor covers the letter and typing anything replaces letters. Th only way I can get this to reset is to close my browser and reopen it. It only seems to happen with Google-Chrome.

> Im having the same problem with chrome, and it affects every application that is running in chroma aswell, have to reboot chrome to stop it. insert key does not work.


Where does Windows Live Mail fit into your problem with Chrome ?
(this is a Windows Live Mail forum/newgroup)
officiallyobsidian (03-30-15, 04:14 AM)
On Monday, August 25, 2014 at 3:01:03 PM UTC-4, jeane...@gmail.com wrote:
> Any idea what to try if the "Insert Key" doesn't work?
> On Wednesday, September 8, 2010 9:10:56 PM UTC-7, R. C. White wrote:


If the "Insert" key doesn't work, try simultaneously pressing "0" on the nampad and the insert key. Worked for me!
jcasher01 (05-14-15, 02:44 AM)
On Monday, February 9, 2015 at 8:26:51 PM UTC-8, markm...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, 20 January 2015 08:54:04 UTC+10:30, mpcr...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I'm having the same issue with Chrome. All my other apps work and play nicely toggling modes with the Insert key, but Chrome is getting stuck in overstrike mode no matter what I do... it is VERY annoying.
> > On Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 1:30:37 AM UTC-5, umbri...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > I have the same issue. My insert key works because normally I can toggle insert mode with it. I'm hitting some hot-key combo or something because the block-cursor covers the letter and typing anything replaces letters. Th only way I can get this to reset is to close my browser and reopen it. It only seems to happen with Google-Chrome.

> Im having the same problem with chrome, and it affects every application that is running in chroma aswell, have to reboot chrome to stop it. insert key does not work.


rebooting Chrome worked for me.

Similar Threads