experchange > windowsxp.* > windowsxp.print_fax

zylawys (06-11-07, 07:28 PM)
When mapping the computer that currently gets this error message when
trying to map to a shared printer, I get this message when I'm
installing the drivers.

"Cannot create a file when that file already exists."

5 other computers are shared to this printer and all work fine.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers on the host computer, even
tried installing the drivers on the computer with the problem. But no
matter how I try and map to this printer through the bad computer it
always gives me that error message.

Any ideas?

Also, through my research I was read to remove all existing drivers.
Is there a way to properly remove all of a spicific driver from a
machine in one shot? or is there some other way?

printer: HP Photosmart D5060 series
computer: HP dc 7600
zylawys (06-14-07, 04:20 PM)
Anyone out there?
profit2k (06-15-07, 01:36 PM)
Are you in a workgroup or domain environment? Is the user account
setup properly? What if you login to the machine with a different
account, such as admin and try to setup the printer? Are you getting
the error when you install the printer, or when you try to connect to
the printer? How about if you install the printer to your local LPT
port (even though it's not connected to it) and then delete the
printer and try to reconnect to the share?
zylawys (06-15-07, 02:37 PM)
On Jun 15, 7:36 am, profi...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Are you in a workgroup or domain environment? Is the user account
> setup properly? What if you login to the machine with a different
> account, such as admin and try to setup the printer? Are you getting
> the error when you install the printer, or when you try to connect to
> the printer? How about if you install the printer to your local LPT
> port (even though it's not connected to it) and then delete the
> printer and try to reconnect to the share?


Its connected to a domain
Yes the user is set up properly
Only from that machine you cannot install the appropriate drivers. The
drivers do install but right at the end it says "Cannot create a file
when that file already exists."
Connecting the printer through a virtual USB connection.
---------------------------------

I uninstalled all printer drivers, and even removed them from the
registry and from the local machine. Installed the driver again, and
it worked. Just a pain in the ass installing the other printers as
well.
Mohamed Shafiee (06-24-07, 05:53 AM)
How strange...

I never came across this... You might consider repairing windows in the
client PC. But that would consume a lot of time.

Could you pls post the error code and the full details for the error
message? I want to search the knowledge base regarding this.

<zylawys> wrote in message
news:6700
zylawys (07-20-07, 05:09 PM)
I did a little more fiddling around and I decided maybe it was a
driver issue. I removed every printer driver in that machine right
down to the registry. I'm assuming that when the other IT here was
working on the problem, didnt remove the driver properly or the
uninstall was just HP's sloppy coding. but removing everything in the
registry and all files along with the drivers seemed to do the trick.
tekpro (01-11-08, 12:44 AM)
This issue has been checked in Microsoft Windows XP and may apply to al
Windows Versions.
To solve this problem, delete documents in the folder
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers
Then reinstall all printers.
This is the only solution
zanydany (05-07-08, 05:55 PM)
This has happened to 2 computers in our office this week. The first on
I tried to uninstall all of the printers on and the drivers and tha
didn't work so I ended up reimaging the whole thing. For the second P
I had an idea...if the only way to fix this was to redo the whol
drivers folder, why can't I copy that folder from a PC that works t
that PC? Obviously you have to be networked to do this. I reboote
the bad one and left it at the login screen and then went into it fro
my PC and copied the folder C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers from m
PC to that one. It worked
Chin_kmtm (09-09-08, 06:54 AM)
tekpro;3447326 Wrote:
> This issue has been checked in Microsoft Windows XP and may apply to al
> Windows Versions.
> To solve this problem, delete documents in the folder
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers
> Then reinstall all printers.
> This is the only solution.


This works...Thanks,thanks,thank
nata.kalana (12-20-19, 09:06 AM)
YEAH IT'S WORKS!. I almost reinstall the windows. Luck I read your posting. Thank you so much
nata.kalana (12-20-19, 09:08 AM)
On Friday, 11 January 2008 05:44:42 UTC+7, tekpro wrote:
[..]
> tekpro's Profile:
> View this thread:
>


YEAH IT'S WORKS!. I almost reinstall the windows. Luck I read your posting. Thank you so much
Similar Threads