experchange > xbox.* > xbox.main

Thomas Gagne (07-09-10, 01:16 PM)
My son is running out of room on his hard drive, yet I have a Windows
box with a 1TB disk.

Can't the Xbox save some of its data to that disk?
SINNER (07-09-10, 04:25 PM)
* Thomas Gagne wrote in microsoft.public.xbox:

> My son is running out of room on his hard drive, yet I have a Windows
> box with a 1TB disk.
> Can't the Xbox save some of its data to that disk?


Buy a USB thumb drive for the Xbox

Thomas Gagne (07-09-10, 07:41 PM)
So the answer is, no: an XBOX can't use network-attached drives to save
game data?

That's disappointing.

Having an XBOX participate on my network as merely Windows Media
devices--a place to watch TV and Netflix, seems hardly inspirational or
well-integrated. I may as well have a bunch of Apple or Linux-based boxes.
SINNER (07-09-10, 09:32 PM)
* Thomas Gagne wrote in microsoft.public.xbox:

> So the answer is, no: an XBOX can't use network-attached drives to
> save game data?
> That's disappointing.
> Having an XBOX participate on my network as merely Windows Media
> devices--a place to watch TV and Netflix, seems hardly inspirational
> or well-integrated. I may as well have a bunch of Apple or
> Linux-based boxes.


If you can get either of those to play your Xbox games I say go for it.
Horses for courses...

Adding only the ability to store saves on a network seems just as
uninspirational especially with the ability to keep them on a thumb drive,
which, by the way solves your problem. Having it participate on a network
whould mean additioanl security measures for MS to maintain control of the
environment.

Honestly, Im surprised they even added the ability to use USB drives since
that makes the save much more accessible to hacking since I can now bring
the save to my PC and possibly edit it.

I cant imagine what else you would gain from the ability to write to a
network drive. Its a GAME console, not a PC.

My .02
WDS (07-09-10, 09:36 PM)
On 7/9/2010 2:32 PM, SINNER wrote:
> I cant imagine what else you would gain from the ability to write to a
> network drive. Its a GAME console, not a PC.


Safe backups like you can for most other data.
SINNER (07-09-10, 09:39 PM)
* WDS wrote in microsoft.public.xbox:

> On 7/9/2010 2:32 PM, SINNER wrote:
>> I cant imagine what else you would gain from the ability to write to a
>> network drive. Its a GAME console, not a PC.

> Safe backups like you can for most other data.


Did you miss the part about being able to use a thumb drive? I mean if you
are taking safe, then shouldnt you have multiple copies wih at least one
offsite? I cant imagie that you couldnt burn the games off the thumb drive
onto a DVD/CD if you wanted as well.
WDS (07-09-10, 09:54 PM)
On 7/9/2010 2:39 PM, SINNER wrote:
> * WDS wrote in microsoft.public.xbox:
> Did you miss the part about being able to use a thumb drive? I mean if you
> are taking safe, then shouldnt you have multiple copies wih at least one
> offsite? I cant imagie that you couldnt burn the games off the thumb drive
> onto a DVD/CD if you wanted as well.


"thumb" drives aren't really safe. And in any case if you have your
network set up well everything will be **automatically** backed up.

And that is why most people lose data. Sure you can manually copy stuff
around but no one does it.

And before someone quips "But it's only save games!" so what? If I want
to back up my save games and whatever else off my XBox why should MS
stop me? If you don't want to, well, good for you!
SINNER (07-09-10, 10:35 PM)
* WDS wrote in microsoft.public.xbox:

> On 7/9/2010 2:39 PM, SINNER wrote:
> "thumb" drives aren't really safe.


How are they any less safe than a hardrive with moveable parts?
Or if that is not the safety you were refering to (and Im not exactly
sure why you would need to 'secure' game saves or demos but....)



> And in any case if you have your
> network set up well everything will be **automatically** backed up.


How many of your peers do this in thier home networks? Im a geek and I
hang out with geeks and that number is no where NEAR 100% and closer to
0% for casual users.

If you are backing up to a device that is not solely used for backups
(ie, to another PC on the network that is used as a PC and a backup
device) you are being just as dangerous. I dont have a SAN so I have to
perform manual backups of important data to DVD weekly.

> And that is why most people lose data. Sure you can manually copy
> stuff around but no one does it.
> And before someone quips "But it's only save games!" so what? If I
> want to back up my save games and whatever else off my XBox why should
> MS stop me?


They dont.
Dave Warren (07-09-10, 11:45 PM)
In message <Xns9DB093FFD9235arcademastergmailcom> SINNER
<arcade.master> was claimed to have wrote:

>I cant imagine what else you would gain from the ability to write to a
>network drive. Its a GAME console, not a PC.


Personally, I'd buy a second XBox360 in a heartbeat if I could have this
capability.

I would really appreciate being able to have my saved games available
from my office or my livingroom without hassle.

Going with an external USB stick is a possible approach, but it's a ton
of extra hassle to ensure multiple players don't use the same USB stick.

I wouldn't expect it to ever happen though, although I could see
Microsoft adding this to Xbox Live down the road at some point.
Thomas Gagne (07-12-10, 03:17 AM)
Hmm. My son has twice lost his Oblivion saves when the game crashed
saving his data. Whether the game is saved on disk or a thumb drive it
would have been corrupted either way. He has since stopped investing
time on Oblivion.

If the games were saved on my network--which is backed-up to a dedicated
drive--he might have been able to pick-up from a previous save.

Anyway, in the meantime, a thumb drive will resolve the immediate
lack-of-space issue.
belina3 (01-05-14, 08:22 PM)
Dne pátek, 9. ?ervence 2010 13:16:10 UTC+2 Thomas Gagne napsal(a):
[..]
businesscommentonline (01-05-15, 09:35 AM)
Your saved games are automatically stored in the cloud while you're connected to Xbox Live. You don't have to select cloud storage. If you sign in to a different Xbox One console, your saves will be recovered and accessible from that console as soon as you sign in with your Xbox Live-enabled profile..
ghscole (02-13-17, 04:12 PM)
On Friday, July 9, 2010 at 7:16:10 AM UTC-4, Thomas Gagne wrote:
> My son is running out of room on his hard drive, yet I have a Windows
> box with a 1TB disk.
> Can't the Xbox save some of its data to that disk?
> --
> Visit<http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/anything-worth-doing/>
> for more great reading.


You could try getting rid of some of the stuff that you don't use, but that's the only thing I can think of.
goodhigh7352 (09-06-19, 10:48 PM)
CONTACT US NOW FOR INSTANT RESPONSE at (BORZIA10 at gmail dot com)OR TEXTOR CALL NOW AT (540) 300 8034

WE ARE TOP QUALITY REGULAR SUPPLIERS OF HIGH QUALITY PHARMACEUTICAL MEDICATIONS AND OTHER DRUGS AT VERY AFFORDABLE PRICES.WE ALSO GOT IN STOCK HIGH QUALITY MEDICAL MARIJUANA STRAINS(GRADE A++) OF VARIOUS KINDS AS WELL AS MANY OTHER RELATED MEDICATIONS UPON DEMAND .WE DO OFFER DISCRETE OVERNIGHT SHIPMENTS TO BUYERS IN USA AND CANADA AND 48 HOURS DELIVERY TO BUYERS IN EUROPE AND ASIA DEPENDING ON YOUR COUNTRY.WE DO PROVIDE TRACKING NUMBERS AS PROOF OF SHIPMENTS SO YOU CAN TRACK YOUR PARCELS ONLINE. SO IF INTERESTED JUST CONTACT US NOW FOR INSTANT RESPONSE at (BORZIA10 at gmail dot com)OR TEXT OR CALL NOW AT (540) 300 8034

PAYPAL AND CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS ACCEPTED

VERY DISCRETE AND RELIABLE OVERNIGHT DELIVERY
BELOW IS A LIST OF OUR PRODUCTS

KETAMINE CRYSTALS,
KETAMINE VIALS
ACTAVIS POMETHAZINE COUGH SYRUP WITH CODIENE

OXYCOTIN,
ADDERALL,
ACTAVIS,
OPANA,
XANAX,NORCO,
DILUADID,
MATHADONE
PERCOCET
RITALIN
HYDROCODONE
fentanyl brand name: duragesic 5-12 12.5 mcg/hr patches box
Demerol ( Meperidine HCL) caps 8
EPHEDRINE
AMBIEN 10MG
morphine 30MG
WATSON 325 10MG
WATSON 853 10MG
VICODIN 5MG
VICODIN ES 7.5MG
EPHEDRINE 30MG
Celebrex 100mg
Codeine 15mg
Hydrocodone Watson 540 10/ 325
WATSON 540 10/ 500
OXYCOTIN 80MG
OXYCOTIN 20MG, 40MG
HYDROCODONE 10MG/500MG
HYDROCODONE 5MG/500MG
METHADONE 10MG, 40MG WAFERS
Lorcet - ( Hydrocodone Bitartrate/ Acetaminophen) 10 mg/ 650 mg
AMBIEN ( Zolpidem, Stilnox) 10 mg
seconal (chemical name-secobarbital)
LO LOESTRIN FE
ADIPEX-P 37.5MG
VIAGRA 100MG
Lorazepam 2.5 mg ( Ativan)
Clonazepam 2 mg ( Rivotril)
CIALIS 20MG
Percocet 10/ 325
Norco - ( Hydrocodone Bitartrate/ Acetaminophen ) 5 mg/ 325 mg
Percocet 5/ 325
endocet 10/ 325
hydrocodone-ibuprofen (brand name:vicoprofen)
suboxone
subutex
watson 540
Dilaudid 8mg
Soma 350mg
Adderall 30mg
Ritalin 10mg
Tramadol ( Ultram) 50mg
ibrpohen
advil pm
Atarax 25mg
viagra gold
FIORICET (BUTALBITOL 50MG) - MIKART
Hydrocodone 539
Roxicodone 15mg, 30mg
Opana 40mg
CRYSTAL METH
MDMA
LSD,
MERPHEDRONE
COCAINE
DMT
MXE,
MVP,
ECTASY]

Growth Hormones
Ansomone,
Hygetropin,
Kigtropin,
Igtropin IGF,
Jintropin ,
HGH Blue Top,
IGF-1LR3

Anabolic Steroids
10 mg ANABOL
10 mg ANABOL
50 mg Anapolon
5 mg Azolol
5 mg Azolol
10 mg Dianabol
10 mg Dianabol
50 mg Oxymetholone(Anadrol)
5 mg Gen-Shi Halotestin
5 mg GP Anavar
50mg Clomid
Similar Threads